Well, some people have asked what the heck my phone setup was. Today is your lucky day. Just kidding. I'm still running a stock Tbolt ROM with bloat removed and a modded Slate skin mostly applied. I'm sure some people will say they're too cluttered, but I like having info at my fingertips. It should also be painfully obvious at this point that I hate widgets that look like widgets. I like to have an integrated GUI. I have a 3 screen setup:
- It's a modded LPP (obviously) and uses 5 columns x 8 rows.
- Top left - Modded Fancy Widget (old version) which is the clock, date and weather
- Top right - Modded LiveScores widget
- Below that - Modded LPP scrollable agenda
- Below Fancy - Modded OneClick widgets (wifi and ringer)
- Middle Left - Modded Simple Notepad widget
- Middle Right - Modded Genie Widget
3 launcher bars with 15 shortcuts and swipe gestures. Below that are the unread counts for my 3 email accounts (work, Yahoo, Gmail) using a modded 1x1 Email Widget.
Left screen LPP People widget and right screen LPP Friends widget.
Some other screens:
Left screen is the main screen with the calendar grid shown. Middle screen is a modded Power Strip with 5 column apps. Right screen is a modded App Folders with 5 column app drawer and transparent bg.
Even more screens:
Modded World Clock on the left, modded Weather in the middle and LPP Facebook status screen on the right.
Tips & Tricks:
- Obviously, properly overlaying widgets with LPP is extremely handy. That's pretty much how the entire main screen gets done.
- Since I use an 8 row setup, I expanded LPP to a 10 row setup and maxed out the LPP People and Friends widgets, then reverted back to an 8 row setup. That's how to get the widgets to be fullscreen. At one point, I had a transparent bar on the bottom and you could see the content behind it. This is cool, BUT, I had to add padding to the LPP People widget to be able to select the last row of people. See below.
- The expanding method is also how I added the unread widgets to the bottom of the screen. Added them while at 10, then shrunk to 8 and added a hole in the bottom bar to see them.
That's what I got right now! Hope you all enjoyed and thanks for tuning in...